It’s always fun to learn something new and these fun science facts will tantalize your brain and make you go “ah.” How many of these did you already know?
All About Earth Sciences
The fastest meteoroids travel at 42 kilometers per second through the solar system.
- High and low tides cause the gravity of the sun and the moon.
- As water freezes it expands by about 10%.
- The element Californium is the most expensive substance in the world costing approx. $68 million for just one gram.
- An atom is over 99.9% empty space.
- The deepest lake in the world is Lake Baikal.
- A lightning bolt is three times hotter than the Sun.
- Light does not age.
- At only one atomic layer thick, Graphene, known as the ‘miracle material,’ is a better conductor of electricity and heat than any other material.
- The highest waterfall in the world is the Angel Falls in Venezuela at 979 meters. It takes each drop of water a mere 14 seconds to reach the base.
- If an atom were the size of a stadium, its electrons would be as small as bees.
- A rubber tire is actually one single giant molecule.
All About Animal Sciences
- Mosquitoes bite women more often than men because they are attracted to estrogen.
- The world’s largest salamander grows to 5 feet in length.
- The blue whale can produce sounds up to 188 decibels and it can be detected up to 530 miles away, which makes it the loudest sound on the planet.
- On average, our bodies constantly resist an atmospheric pressure of about 1kg per square cm.
- A cockroach can survive 7 days before starving to death.
- A polar bear can run 25mph and 6 feet in the air.
- The heart of the shrimp is located in its head.
Dedicated to your Peace of Mind and Real Security,
P.S. Most people are “under-protected” and admit that they ought to buy these products, unfortunately after it’s too late. Don’t let this happen to you!
P.P.S. Every business owner knows he needs security from employees who steal from him, from customers who shoplift, and from thieves who break in. Protect yourself with our Surveillance Systems and Hidden Cameras.