Public transport is normally very safe and most taxi companies are reputable licensed firms whose drivers have been vetted, so here is some advice that should help you feel more confident when traveling by bus, train, tube or taxi.
On the Bus
- Use a bus stop you know is usually busy and is well lit
- Know the departure and arrival times and try and let someone at the other end know which bus you plan to catch. They could always meet you at your stop
- Sit close to the driver. If someone starts up a conversation, be pleasant and confident, but don’t give away personal information like where you live or work
- By Train
- Wait on a well-lit section of the platform, close to the exit or where there are other people around. Many stations now have CCTV cameras and staff that are trained to deal with emergencies
- When you get on the train try to sit in a busy compartment and keep any bags and personal possessions you have next to you
- If you feel uncomfortable switch seats or even consider getting off the train and catching the next one. Only do this if the station where you are getting off is manned and busy
- Know where the emergency button or cord is situated or any help points at the station
- Taking a Taxi
- Carry the phone number of a taxi or mini cab firm you know, and whenever you book a taxi ask them for the driver’s name and the type of car they will be driving
- Try and book the taxi you need to bring you home before you go out. Give your name and when the driver arrives make sure they know the name it was booked under. If you have to book your taxi in a public place, do it quietly where people are unlikely to overhear your name and address
- If you can, share a taxi with a friend and have your money ready and keys handy at the end of your journey so that you can enter your home quickly
- If ever you feel uneasy in a taxi ask the driver to stop in a busy place that you know well, and get out.
Dedicated to your Peace of Mind and Real Security,
P.S. Most people are “under-protected”, and admit that they ought to buy these products, unfortunately after it’s too late. Don’t let this happen to you!
P.P.S. Every business owner knows that he needs security from employees who steal from him, customers who shoplift, and from thieves who break in. Protect yourself with our Surveillance Systems and Hidden Cameras.