Babysitters and in-home childcare are mainstays of parenthood and child rearing. As much as parents love their children, sometimes they need a break, and that’s where the babysitters and nannies come in – childcare professionals that mind the children while the parents are away at play or work. For the most part the professionals and the children get along swimmingly, but for the certain moments where the relationship is unpleasant or uncomfortable “nanny cams” or surveillance cameras which record the actions of a nanny or childcare provider, may be helpful when providing information and evidence of any wrongdoings.
Advantages of Nanny Cams
* Concealed Surveillance – Many (But not all), nanny cams are concealed in books, clocks, stereos and other household appliances and surreptitiously record the activities of a childcare provider and reveal the true nature of a nanny or babysitter. Concealed nanny cams catch a glimpse of what the true behavior of the babysitter is like and gives an objective perspective to a parent or guardian.
* Check from anywhere – Nanny cams that use digital technology can be viewed from anywhere you have a Internet connection. And is great for the working parent who wants to check up on their child during the day.
* Email alerts – Some IP cameras with motion detectors that can be configured so that you will be alerted when someone enters the room. Alerts an be sent through emails or to your cell phone. This gives parents instant notification from the nanny cam.
* Disadvantages of babysitter cameras
* Consent – Nanny cams are a contentious subject amongst many childcare providers. Some babysitters don’t care that they are being recorded without their consent, while some nannies are outraged at the thought that they might be recorded while working. Laws vary from state to state in the U.S. so check to see what applies to you.
* Damage – Because they are disguised as common household appliances, nanny cams are subject to damage. Careful that your “clock”, “book”, or “stereo”, does not get knocked to the floor by unsuspecting parties.
Dedicated to your Peace of Mind and Real Security,
P.S. Most people are “under protected” and admit that they ought to buy these products, unfortunately after it’s too late. Don’t let this happen to you!
P.P.S. Every business owner knows he needs security from employees who steal from him, customers who shoplift and from thieves who break in. Protect yourself with our Surveillance Systems and Hidden Cameras.