Science and the facts that surround it, make the world go round. For most of us we just take it for granted that somewhere, somehow, someone, sometime, science has been conducted and has led to some amazing inventions and modern life much easier. Here are 5 science facts you should know, not any reason that will change your life, but just because it is such interesting trivia:
1. Deepest Lake In The World – In Siberia, Russia, you will find Lake Baikal, which is the deepest lake in the world. It measures 1620 meters deep (at it’s deepest point). It is also the oldest lake in the world at a whopping 25 millions years of age. It is over 80 kilometers wide and 636 kilometers long.
2. World Robot – The word Robot came from the Czech word “robotnik” meaning forced or slave labor. Robots have been portrayed as servants for the most part in sci-fi movies and novels.
3. Fastest possible speed – What if you could travel 500,000 times faster than a Concorde plane reaching a speed of 299,792,458 meters per second. That’s the speed of light traveling through a vacuum. If you could travel at the speed of light in one just second, you could go around the earth seven times.
4. What’s the Difference Between a Spider and an Insect – While visually they seem to have a lot of similarities, they are actually e a distinct family. The spider is a member of the Arachnid family and the insect is a member of the Insect family.
5. Highest Waterfall in The World – Angel Falls in Venezuela is the highest waterfall in the world, at a whopping 979 meters. Each drop of water takes only 14 seconds to fall from top to the base.
Dedicated to your Peace of Mind and Real Security,
P.S. Most people are “under-protected”, and admit that they ought to buy these products. Unfortunately, after it’s too late! Don’t let this happen to you!
P.P.S. Every business owner knows that they need security, from employees who steal from him, customers who shoplift, and from thieves, who break in. Protect yourself with our Surveillance Systems and Hidden Cameras.