- The speed of light is generally rounded down to 186,000 miles per second. In exact terms it is 299,792,458 m/s which is equal to 186,287.49 miles per second.
- The Earth spins at 1,000 mph but it travels through space at 67,000 mph.
- When Krakatoa erupted in 1883, its force was so great it could be heard 4,800 kilometers away in Australia.
- Every year lightning kills 1000 people.
- If you could drive your car straight up you would arrive in space in just over an hour
- The Earth is 4.56 billion years old…the same age as the Moon and the Sun.
- Female black widow spiders eat their males after mating.
- If our Sun were just inch in diameter, the nearest star would be 445 miles away.
- The air at the summit of Mount Everest, 29,029 feet is only a third as thick as the air at sea level.
- DNA was first discovered in 1869 by Swiss Friedrich Mieschler.
- The first synthetic human chromosome was constructed by US scientists in 1997.
- Alfred Nobel invented dynamite in 1866.
- The tallest tree ever was an Australian eucalyptus – In 1872 it was measured at 435 feet tall.
- In 1962, wireless communications took a giant leap forward with the launch of Telstar, the first satellite capable of relaying telephone and satellite TV signals.
- Giraffes often sleep for only 20 minutes in any 24 hours. They may sleep up to 2 hours spurts, but this is rare. They never lie down.
- An individual blood cell takes about 60 seconds to make a complete circuit of the body.
- The low frequency call of the humpback whale is the loudest noise made by a living creature.
- Each person sheds 40lbs of skin in his or her lifetime.
- The Universe contains over 100 billion galaxies.
- More germs are transferred shaking hands than kissing.
- It would take over an hour for a heavy object to sink 6.7 miles down to the deepest part of the ocean.
- The deepest part of any ocean in the world is the Mariana trench in the Pacific with a depth of 35,797 feet.
Dedicated to your Peace of Mind and Real Security,
P.S. Most people are “under-protected”, and admit that they ought to buy these products, unfortunately after it’s too late. Don’t let this happen to you!
P.P.S. Every business owner knows that he needs security from employees, from customers who shoplift, and from thieves who break in. Protect yourself with our Surveillance Systems and Hidden Cameras.